Friday, 06-March-2015 15:33
 
no comments in "Entertainment"
Entertainment
Tuesday, 21-November-2006
Almotamar Net - Bond film Casino Royale has stormed to the top of the UK box office, taking 13.37m in its debut weekend. BBC- - Bond film Casino Royale has stormed to the top of the UK box office, taking 13.37m in its debut weekend.
Daniel Craig's 007 ended the two-week run in the top spot for spoof-Kazak
journalist Borat, who dropped to number two, according to early figures.

Casino Royale has also been illegally downloaded 200,000 times, according to internet monitoring company Envisional.

Two pirated versions were available for free access on public file-sharing networks over the weekend, it said.

'Conspiracy'

It is believed that one was recorded by camcorder in Russia, while the other is thought to have come from Italy.

The announcement follows reports that pirated DVDs of Casino Royale were on sale in London and Scotland last week
Envisional claims the film - which opened in the UK on Thursday and the US on Friday - was available to download by Saturday morning.

"In the face of this international conspiracy Bond is really up against it," said Dr David Price, head of piracy intelligence at the Cambridge-based company.

Last week, distributor Columbia Pictures said Casino Royale had taken 1.7m on its first day of release in the UK - a new record for a Bond film.

Including previews, Bond's opening weekend box office in the UK and Ireland was about double that of Borat's but still around 5m short of record-setters like Harry Potter.

In the US, Casino Royale was narrowly outperformed by the animated comedy Happy Feet, which is yet to open in the UK
More from "Entertainment"

Other titles:
Tuesday, 03-March-2015
Three soldiers of the 135th Infantry Brigade in Hadramout were killed and two others wounded when a road-side explosive device exploded in al-Qaten in Hadramout on Tuesday, a military source said.



One citizen was also killed and others injured in the terrorist incident, the source said.
Monday, 02-March-2015
A fireworks store was exploded in Shoub area in the Capital Sana'a on Sunday evening, an official security source said.

"There are no casualties," the official said. "The material losses were limited to the windows in the neighboring houses."

He said that the civil defense in collaboration with citizens managed to put out the fire
Sunday, 01-March-2015
An official source at the Yemenia Airways has denied rumors released in some news websites on the detention of one of the company's aircrafts by the Comorian airport authorities.

The Plane arrived to Sana'a International Airport at 11:30 pm after it took off at 12:45 am from Sana'a and headed to Djibouti and from there to Moroni, where it stopped there for fifty minutes to drop off and pick up passengers.
Saturday, 28-February-2015
Egypt has said the future of Yemen would be determined by consensus among the various political parties and without imposing any party his opinion on others by force.

In a statement issued on Thursday, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry emphasized the importance of all Yemeni political parties' commitment to continue the political dialogue under the sponsorship of the UN and on the basis of the Gulf initiative and its executive mechanisms, outputs of the National Dialogue Conference (NDC), the Peace and Partnership agreement as well as the Security Council's relevant resolutions, as it is the only way to resolve the country's current crisis.
Thursday, 26-February-2015
The Executive Unit to manage camps of the internally displaced persons (IDPs) organized on Thursday a workshop on the announcement of stopping food aid for IDPs and finding other projects in their return areas.

The workshop aimed to educate the IDPs on halting the monthly food rations they were receiving from the UNHCR and international organizations, especially after the war had stopped in Abyan and Saada provinces and they can now return to their homes.

Ahmad al-Kohlani, head of the executive unit, praised the international organizations' role in helping IDPs throughout their displacement period through offering food aid and health and educational services.

The UNHCR spokeswoman confirmed that donors halted providing their aid after the return of IDPs to their homes from the displacement areas.

The internal displacement is one of large and complex issues and should be addressed by the Yemeni government with the support of UNHCR and other international organizations, she added.
Wednesday, 25-February-2015
The Ministry of Public Health and Population and the UNHCR signed on Wednesday a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to provide health services for refugees and asylum seekers in Yemen.

Under the MoU, the refugees and asylum seekers will get preventive and curative services and health support and will benefit from the health programs given by the ministry for AIDS patients.

The memo obligates the health ministry and its offices in the Capital Sana'a and in the provinces of Aden, Lahj and Hadramout to provide health services for refugees for three years
Tuesday, 24-February-2015
The UN Security Council adopted on Tuesday a unanimous Resolution No. (2204) extending sanctions on individuals and entities involved in acts threatening peace, security and stability in Yemen which reflects
Monday, 23-February-2015
The First Military Region's commander Abdulrahman al-Halili survived an assassination attempt, a military source said on Monday.

One of the commander's guards was killed and six others injured when a bomb planted at roadside exploded targeting his motorcade in al-Qatan district in Hadramout province, the Defense Ministry's website quoted the military source as saying.
Friday, 20-February-2015
The UN Secretary General Advisor on Yemen Affairs Jamal Benomar has announced that the political parties reached progress in the dialogue in preparation for a comprehensive dialogue.

Benomar said that the political powers had agreed on the form of the legislative power for the transitional period to ensure participation of all components which were not included in the current parliament.
Thursday, 19-February-2015
Russia called on Thursday Yemen's political parties to work as hard as possible to reach an agreement of the current impasse in Yemen.

All political powers did not relinquish the dialogue on forming new State's institutions, despite continuing the current crisis in Yemen," Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich told reporters.

He urged all political parties to speed up negotiations and show maximum flexibility in order to reach a settlement and implement the Security Council resolution 2201.

who we are     |    Advertising     |    contact us
All rights reserved © Almotamar Net, Developed by