Saturday, 18-August-2018 15:03
 
no comments in "Economy"
Economy
Friday, 08-December-2006
Canadian Press - Nexen Inc. (TSX:NXY) says production from its Yemen assets could drop by as much as one-third in 2007, from 90,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day to as little as 60,000.

Nexen president Charlie Fischer said some drilling locations planned in Block 51 turned out to have already been drained by wells in the neighbouring reservoir of Masila.

"Clearly, Block 51 this year has given us some challenges," Fischer told a conference call after release of the company's $2.9-billion 2007 capital budget.

"Some of the drilling locations we had planned had been swept. Those are things we can't see from surface. We drill the wells and we've had a couple surprises this year."

In its third-quarter results released in October, Nexen took a $93-million charge to reflect the possible impact of an arbitration decision that the company breached an obligation on its Block 51 licence.

Late Tuesday, Calgary-based Nexen said its capital spending in 2007 would decline by half a billion dollars from this year's $3.4 billion. It also forecast a 50 per cent jump in production, partly on the strength of its Buzzard operation which comes onstream within weeks in the British North Sea.

Nexen shares closed up 11 cents at $62.31 on the Toronto Stock Exchange.

More from "Economy"

Other titles:
Tuesday, 17-October-2017
The United Arab Emirates acknowledged on Tuesday that two of its pilots were killed when their military aggression plane crashed over Jawf province, a military official said

The official added that the aggressive crashed plane was an apache that was
Tuesday, 17-October-2017
Three citizens were killed and four others wounded in two Saudi air strikes hit Majza district of Saada province, an official said on Tuesday.

The strikes hit a citizen's car in al-Jamalah area in the district, the official added.
Tuesday, 17-October-2017
Artillery of the army and popular shelled a gathering of Saudi-paid mercenaries in al-Moqadra area in Serwah district of Marib province, a military official said on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, dozens of Saudi-paid mercenaries were killed and others injured in Wadi al-Theek in the district, the official added.
Monday, 16-October-2017
The army and popular forces carried out on Monday unique military operations in Taiz province.

A military official said that a number of Saudi-paid mercenaries were killed at the hands of the army and popular forces in al-Jazami Hill in al-Kadaha area in al-Ma'afer district.
Monday, 16-October-2017
A Saudi aggression fighter jet targeted a citizen's car driving in Fara area of Kutaf district in Saada province overnight, killing the driver and injuring his friend, a security official said on Monday.
Monday, 16-October-2017
The army artillery and popular committees launched a fierce attack on Saudi-paid mercenaries' sites in Jawf province, a military official said on Monday.

The attack destroyed a military vehicle belonging to the mercenaries and killed all on board in Sabran area in khab and shaaf district.
Sunday, 15-October-2017
Scores of Saudi enemy soldiers were killed and injured on Sunday when the army and popular forces repelled a Saudi military attempt to sneak into Shurfah site in the border province of Najran, a military official said.

The operation was accomplished successfully against the Saudi
Sunday, 15-October-2017
The army and popular committees have killed a total of 18 Saudi-paid mercenaries in sniper operations over the past hours in the central province of Marib, a military official said on Sunday.

Ten mercenaries were killed in Nehm district and eight others were killed in Serwah district, said the official.
Saturday, 14-October-2017
Saudi aggression warplanes have launched more than 49 airstrikes over the past hours on several residential areas across Yemen, a security official said on Sunday.
The airstrikes targeted the areas of Malahiz and Husama in Dhahir district, and areas Thuban, Masahif and Sdad in Bakim district of northern Saada province.
Thursday, 12-October-2017
The army and popular forces carried out an operation attack on Saudi-paid mercenaries' sites in al-Hawal area in Nehm district.

A local official said that the operation attack resulted in killing and injuring mercenaries, adding they also incurred heavy losses at their ranks

who we are     |    Advertising     |    contact us
All rights reserved © Almotamar Net, Developed by