Tuesday, 28-January-2020 19:41
no comments in "Economy"
Wednesday, 25-April-2007
Arab News - (MENAFN - Arab News) JEDDAH, 25 April 2007? Ten Saudi businessmen have agreed to establish an international Islamic bank in Yemen with a capital of $10 billion, in association with their counterparts in Yemen and other Gulf countries.

The announcement on the formation of the bank was made on the last day of the two-day forum, which ended in Sana'a on Monday. As many as 1,200 businessmen including 460 from the Gulf took part in the conference.

The founders of the International Islamic Union Bank (IIUB) will subscribe to 35 percent of the capital. A founding shareholder will be allowed to subscribe a maximum of 100,000 shares and a minimum of 10,000 shares. The remaining 65 percent would be floated for public subscription, according to Shihab Al-Azazi, head of the Yemeni-Gulf Business Forum. "A large number of Gulf and Yemeni businessmen have agreed to establish the bank and we have received initial approval from Yemeni authorities," Al-Eqtisadiah business daily, a sister publication of Arab News, quoted Azazi as saying. He indicated that IIUB would be established by purchasing existing banks and merging them with one another, saying that it would finance real estate, industrial, tourism and commercial projects.

"It will also support strategic and small-scale projects and businesswomen and activate investment opportunities in various sectors, in addition to providing other innovative banking services," Azazi said.

More from "Economy"

Other titles:
Tuesday, 17-October-2017
The United Arab Emirates acknowledged on Tuesday that two of its pilots were killed when their military aggression plane crashed over Jawf province, a military official said

The official added that the aggressive crashed plane was an apache that was
Tuesday, 17-October-2017
Three citizens were killed and four others wounded in two Saudi air strikes hit Majza district of Saada province, an official said on Tuesday.

The strikes hit a citizen's car in al-Jamalah area in the district, the official added.
Tuesday, 17-October-2017
Artillery of the army and popular shelled a gathering of Saudi-paid mercenaries in al-Moqadra area in Serwah district of Marib province, a military official said on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, dozens of Saudi-paid mercenaries were killed and others injured in Wadi al-Theek in the district, the official added.
Monday, 16-October-2017
The army and popular forces carried out on Monday unique military operations in Taiz province.

A military official said that a number of Saudi-paid mercenaries were killed at the hands of the army and popular forces in al-Jazami Hill in al-Kadaha area in al-Ma'afer district.
Monday, 16-October-2017
A Saudi aggression fighter jet targeted a citizen's car driving in Fara area of Kutaf district in Saada province overnight, killing the driver and injuring his friend, a security official said on Monday.
Monday, 16-October-2017
The army artillery and popular committees launched a fierce attack on Saudi-paid mercenaries' sites in Jawf province, a military official said on Monday.

The attack destroyed a military vehicle belonging to the mercenaries and killed all on board in Sabran area in khab and shaaf district.
Sunday, 15-October-2017
Scores of Saudi enemy soldiers were killed and injured on Sunday when the army and popular forces repelled a Saudi military attempt to sneak into Shurfah site in the border province of Najran, a military official said.

The operation was accomplished successfully against the Saudi
Sunday, 15-October-2017
The army and popular committees have killed a total of 18 Saudi-paid mercenaries in sniper operations over the past hours in the central province of Marib, a military official said on Sunday.

Ten mercenaries were killed in Nehm district and eight others were killed in Serwah district, said the official.
Saturday, 14-October-2017
Saudi aggression warplanes have launched more than 49 airstrikes over the past hours on several residential areas across Yemen, a security official said on Sunday.
The airstrikes targeted the areas of Malahiz and Husama in Dhahir district, and areas Thuban, Masahif and Sdad in Bakim district of northern Saada province.
Thursday, 12-October-2017
The army and popular forces carried out an operation attack on Saudi-paid mercenaries' sites in al-Hawal area in Nehm district.

A local official said that the operation attack resulted in killing and injuring mercenaries, adding they also incurred heavy losses at their ranks

who we are     |    Advertising     |    contact us
All rights reserved © Almotamar Net, Developed by