Google News Alert - The volcano that erupted on a small island off the coast of Yemen has again begun spewing lava and ash into the air, Yemen's navy said on Wednesday.
Hussein Abdul-Rahman, head of command and control centre at the Naval Operation Room, told state news agency Saba that the volcano has restarted eruptions, without giving any further details.
The volcano lies on the island of Jazirt Al-Tair in the Red Sea, about 130 kilometres from Yemen.
Inactive for over a century, the volcano first erupted on Sunday after several earthquakes were felt on the island.
The volcano has so far produced one kilometre long lava flows and blackened the water within 10 kilometres of the island.
Six Yemeni soldiers, part of a garrison of 50 stationed on the island, were killed in the eruption, while another 15 were injured.
On Monday Yemen’s coastguard said shipping had been unaffected by the eruption.
Shipments of around three million barrels of oil per day pass through the southern entrance to the Red Sea.
Schools of Sana'a province organized a protest rally to condemn the Saudi aggression air strikes the primary al-Falah school in Nehm district of Sana'a province last Tuesday.
The air strikes killed eight students and injured 15 others early morning of Tuesdasy.
The protesters expressed deep indignation against the Saudi aggression air strikes, considering it a new war crime against the Yemeni people and calling for the international community to move to stop Saudi massacres against Yemenis.
President of the Supreme Political Council Saleh al-Sammad met on Saturday at the Republican Palace in Sana'a with sheikhs and notables from Nehm district of Sana'a province.
In the meeting, al-Sammad hailed the national positions of Nehm sons, expressing condolences in his name and on behalf of the political leadership to the district's sheikhs over victims of the heinous massacre that targeted al
The Saudi aggression continued strikes against citizens in several province overnight, targeting private and public properties, a military official said on Saturday.
In Taiz province, Saudi war planes waged six strikes on al-Omari Junction in Thubab district and five raids hit citizens' house in al-Mocha district, leaving several dead and wounded among citizens, as well as dropping two sound bombs on al-Wazaiah district.
The army and popular forces repulsed the Saudi-paid mercenaries' attempt to advance toward Souk al-Ethnein in al-Maton district of Jawf province, a military official said on Saturday.
The official confirmed that 18 Saudi-paid mercenaries, including a mercenary leader called Yahya al-Haser, were killed and dozens were wounded, as well as the destruction of three armored and two military vehicles during the confrontations.
Foreign Minister Hisham Sharaf met here on Saturday with the Resident Coordinator / Humanitarian Coordinator for Yemen, Jamie McGoldrick.
The meeting dealt with a number of issues relating to the activities of the UN offices working in the country and ways of enhancing them and facilitating their performance to enable them to provide their services to Yemeni citizens.