almotamar.net - Staff Brigadier Mohammed Abdullah al-Qawsi, Interior Undersecretary said Friday the campaign on weapon carrying banning in the provincial capitals in Yemen resulted so far in capturing 42616 pieces of weapons violating the decision, since the beginning of the campaign on 23 August 2007.
In a statement to almotamar.net today that about 40 thousand pieces of arms were seized at areas of the security belt, cities entrances, while more than 2500 pieces were held inside cities.
He pointed out that security forces efficiently continue implementing the plan of arms prevention in cities of Yemen, considering cooperation of the citizens and support of civil society organisations of the campaign gave the operation a national dimension, making the issue of controlling weapons and ending armed phenomena the issue of the homeland.
A Saudi aggression fighter jet targeted a citizen's car driving in Fara area of Kutaf district in Saada province overnight, killing the driver and injuring his friend, a security official said on Monday.
Scores of Saudi enemy soldiers were killed and injured on Sunday when the army and popular forces repelled a Saudi military attempt to sneak into Shurfah site in the border province of Najran, a military official said.
The operation was accomplished successfully against the Saudi
Saudi aggression warplanes have launched more than 49 airstrikes over the past hours on several residential areas across Yemen, a security official said on Sunday.
The airstrikes targeted the areas of Malahiz and Husama in Dhahir district, and areas Thuban, Masahif and Sdad in Bakim district of northern Saada province.