Monday, 16-September-2019 08:07
 
no comments in "International"
International
Almotamar Net -  A parliamentarian from Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas Fatah movement on Saturday called for stopping the Israeli-Palestinian peace talks in response to Israeli offensive against Gaza Strip.

Saturday, 01-March-2008
Almotamar.net, Agencies - 256 Palestinians killed or wounded in Israeli aggressions
A parliamentarian from Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah movement on Saturday called for stopping the Israeli-Palestinian peace talks in response to Israeli offensive against Gaza Strip.
"We expect a firm political response from the Palestinian negotiator to the horrible massacres against the Palestinian people," said Ashraf Jum'a, a Gaza-based lawmaker.
While Fatah adopts the peace choice as a strategic goal, the negotiations should not keep on without an end or a clear vision, Jum'a said.
Jum'a said the Israeli military operations into Gaza Strip were "war crimes reflecting the state terrorism that the Israeli occupation forces implement."
Twenty Palestinians were killed in an Israeli ground operation in northern Gaza Strip on Saturday, raising the death toll of a four-day offensive to 54, including 12 children.
Israel says the attacks were aimed at stopping Palestinian rocket-fire against southern Israel's territories. Hamas, which rules Gaza Strip, says it had resumed rocket barrages on Israel after the army killed five fighters on Wednesday.
"The Israeli massacres, committed in Gaza Strip and West Bank, will leave destructive results in the region because they will generate a wide Palestinian reaction that the whole region will not endure," Jum'a warned.

Israeli air and artillery strikes have killed 32 Palestinian residents of Gaza, 16 of them civilians.
This brings the number of Palestinian deaths in the coastal strip to above 60 in four days.
The deaths came in some of the heaviest Israeli raids on Gaza since Hamas took control. The rising Palestinian death toll came a day after Israeli deputy defence minister, Matan Vilnai, warned that increasing rocket fire from Gaza would bring Palestinians a shoah the Hebrew word normally used to denote the Nazi Holocaust inflicted on Jews during the second world war.
"As the rocket fire grows, and the range increases and they haven't yet said the last word on this they are bringing upon themselves a greater shoah because we will use all our strength in every way we deem appropriate, whether in air strikes or on the ground," he said.
The latest round of clashes, which began on Wednesday, has renewed threats of an Israeli invasion of Gaza to crush militant rocket squads that bombarded southern Israel daily. Over 60 people have died since battles between Israel and Palestinians of Gaza spiked earlier this week.
At least 32 of the Palestinian dead were civilians, the youngest a 6-month-old boy.
The Israeli military, which sent troops, tanks and aircraft after defiant Gaza fighters, said it only attacks rocket-launching operations, but noted that militants sometimes operate within civilian areas.
Although Israel evacuated Gaza in late 2005, a low level and sporadic conflict confined to home-made Palestinian missiles on one side and Israeli air and artillery strikes on the other has escalated, as Israel has sought to use the missile fire as an excuse for an aggressive campaign against Hamas after declaring Gaza a hostile entity in September.
On Thursday, militants raised the stakes significantly by firing rockets into Ashkelon, a coastal city of 120,000 people.
While Ashkelon had been targeted sporadically before, it has never suffered direct hits. The assault increased the pressure on Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert to protect a widening circle of people at risk.
The renewed violence appears to have torpedoed any hopes that an impending visit by US secretary of state Condleezza Rice can bring about a breakthrough in peace negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians.
But despite the present Israeli attacks - and the threats of worse to come - many in the Israeli defence and political establishment are dubious that the Israeli Defence Forces have any real prospect of reducing rocket fire by their present tactics or that a full scale incursion up to reoccupation - which has been suggested by some, could be achieved without casualties intolerable for the Israeli public.

More from "International"

Other titles:
Tuesday, 17-October-2017
The United Arab Emirates acknowledged on Tuesday that two of its pilots were killed when their military aggression plane crashed over Jawf province, a military official said

The official added that the aggressive crashed plane was an apache that was
Tuesday, 17-October-2017
Three citizens were killed and four others wounded in two Saudi air strikes hit Majza district of Saada province, an official said on Tuesday.

The strikes hit a citizen's car in al-Jamalah area in the district, the official added.
Tuesday, 17-October-2017
Artillery of the army and popular shelled a gathering of Saudi-paid mercenaries in al-Moqadra area in Serwah district of Marib province, a military official said on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, dozens of Saudi-paid mercenaries were killed and others injured in Wadi al-Theek in the district, the official added.
Monday, 16-October-2017
The army and popular forces carried out on Monday unique military operations in Taiz province.

A military official said that a number of Saudi-paid mercenaries were killed at the hands of the army and popular forces in al-Jazami Hill in al-Kadaha area in al-Ma'afer district.
Monday, 16-October-2017
A Saudi aggression fighter jet targeted a citizen's car driving in Fara area of Kutaf district in Saada province overnight, killing the driver and injuring his friend, a security official said on Monday.
Monday, 16-October-2017
The army artillery and popular committees launched a fierce attack on Saudi-paid mercenaries' sites in Jawf province, a military official said on Monday.

The attack destroyed a military vehicle belonging to the mercenaries and killed all on board in Sabran area in khab and shaaf district.
Sunday, 15-October-2017
Scores of Saudi enemy soldiers were killed and injured on Sunday when the army and popular forces repelled a Saudi military attempt to sneak into Shurfah site in the border province of Najran, a military official said.

The operation was accomplished successfully against the Saudi
Sunday, 15-October-2017
The army and popular committees have killed a total of 18 Saudi-paid mercenaries in sniper operations over the past hours in the central province of Marib, a military official said on Sunday.

Ten mercenaries were killed in Nehm district and eight others were killed in Serwah district, said the official.
Saturday, 14-October-2017
Saudi aggression warplanes have launched more than 49 airstrikes over the past hours on several residential areas across Yemen, a security official said on Sunday.
The airstrikes targeted the areas of Malahiz and Husama in Dhahir district, and areas Thuban, Masahif and Sdad in Bakim district of northern Saada province.
Thursday, 12-October-2017
The army and popular forces carried out an operation attack on Saudi-paid mercenaries' sites in al-Hawal area in Nehm district.

A local official said that the operation attack resulted in killing and injuring mercenaries, adding they also incurred heavy losses at their ranks

who we are     |    Advertising     |    contact us
All rights reserved © Almotamar Net, Developed by