Almotamar.net - Competent authorities at Sana'a International airport have on Sunday foiled an attempt to smuggle 38 rare Yemeni historical manuscripts spotted in possession of a Qatari lady prior to her departure of Sana'a sir space. The event happened to coincide with the second day of the 1st Exhibition for photos of rare Qur'an manuscripts organised by the Ministry of Culture in Yemen to inform researches and those interested people in the importance of treasures relating of the valuable and rare manuscripts.
Security men at Sana'a International Airport have stopped the Qatari lady and found with her, in addition to the manuscripts. 4 clay vessels and a dagger whose date belongs to Islamic ages.
Yemeni mews age3ncy quieted director of antiquities office at the airport Ali al-Muhsini as saying the seized objects include Islamic historical manuscripts of different sizes and most of them have decorated leather covers and some of them are gilded in addition to manuscripts written by hand by a big number of Yemeni scholars.
Director of antiquities office at the airport praised the efforts of the airport security authorities, stressing t the same time the importance of enlightening the people and informing them on the importance of those manuscripts as being heritage of the Yemeni civilisation and history and must be preserves and protected and to inform concerned authorities on any smuggling operation or selling of such manuscripts as it is a crime punishable by the law.
On his part the director of the airport security authority said the woman was sent to prosecution of antiquities for completion interrogation with her after the legal preliminary investigations with her usually dome at the Sana'a airport. According to news by the Yemeni news agency on results of preliminary investigations it mentioned that the Qatari lady said she had been gathering manuscripts since 2006 and that she had bought them for $8 thousand.
The Saudi aggression war jets continued on Saturday afternoon their criminal bombing on the capital Sana'a.
The hostile warplanes launched three violent raids on al-Nahdain area in al-Sabeen district for the fourth time within 24 hours after bombing the same area three times at dawn today, a local official said .
The number of the displaced families from inside and outside Mareb province amounted to 7,700 families due to the Saudi aggression on Yemen.
The internally displaced families in the districts of the province reached 6,200 families distributed on the districts of Majzar, Madghal, Raghwan, Serwah, Mareb city, al-Wadi, Harib al-Qramish, Harib Bihan, Bidbeda and al-Joba, the coordinator of the relief and humanitarian organization in the province Abdulkhaleq al-Sharif explained .
He pointed out that the number of the families displaced from Mareb to the capial Sana’a amounted to about 1,500 families distributed on several areas, including al-Hatarish, Bani al-Harish district, Daress, Mathbah, Aser, Shumilah, al-Sabeen and the 50th Street.
Three citizens were killed and other wounded in Saudi airstrikes targeted their house in Bir Basha area in Taiz province, a local official said on Monday.
These airstrikes coincided with other raids launched by the aggression warplanes and targeted Mokha Port and the quarantine premises, causing destruction in the port and the quarantine, the official explained.
The Russian Foreign Ministry has described the Saudi-led coalition massacres in Yemen as horrific, calling for an immediate ceasefire and engaging in negations without preconditions.
The Russian Foreign Ministry’s spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told a news conference in Moscow that despite the positive signals made by the negotiations between the Yemeni opposing parties in Geneva last December, but the armed confrontation in this country are still continuing, especially after the Saudi-led coalition announced the end of the truce and resumed the military operations.
" In recent days the media circulated horrible news about the Saudi-led coalition bombing on a MSF-supported hospital in Sa’ada, which resulted in deaths and injuries," she added.
The army and popular committees managed on Tuesday to secure three sites in Taiz province, a local official said.
The army and popular committees carried out a military operation before Tuesday dawn ended up with regaining control over three sites in Addar junction between Nagd Qusaim and al-Misrakh in Taiz, the official added.
At least four people were killed on Sunday when a missile hit a hospital supported by Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) in Sa'ada province.
One projectile struck the Shiara Hospital in Razeh district at 9:20 a.m., according to MSF staff members on the ground. The MSF staff has been working in the hospital since November 2015.
"The hospital was hit by a projectile this morning, killing four people, wounding 10," In a statement issued by Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF),
Three of the injured are MSF staff members, two of whom are in critical condition, the medical humanitarian organization said. In addition, several buildings of the medical facility were collapsed.
"The number of casualties could rise as there could still be people trapped in the rubble." The organization said the staff has evacuated and patients are being transferred to Al Goumoury hospital in Sa'ada, which is also supported by MSF.
MSF cannot confirm the origin of the attack, but planes were seen flying over the facility at the time. At least one more projectile fell near the hospital.