Friday, 06-May-2016 08:27
 
no comments in "Reports"
Reports
Almotamar Net - Dr Abdulkarim al-Eryany, the Political Advisor to President Ali Abdullah Saleh said the political scene in Yemen is witnessing different arguments and opinions that might not be in this extent but before the events of 1994.

Friday, 07-August-2009
Almotamar.net - Dr Abdulkarim al-Eryany, the Political Advisor to President Ali Abdullah Saleh said the political scene in Yemen is witnessing different arguments and opinions that might not be in this extent but before the events of 1994.
In an interview published in the Emirates Al-Khallej newspaper on Friday, al-Eryany added that the political scene in Yemen is dynamic and dynamism is not a source of badness, saying the dealing with this dynamism is the yardstick. In Saada, for instance, there is a crisis with the Houthis and they seem that day by day they try to expand the area of their presence and no doubt they receive unlimited support. There is news on outside support. He added," But those who say they are on their way to govern Yemen in the imamate style, I am not with them, not in defence of them or loving them but because they are too incapable of returning the history backwards. "

Al-Eryany said what happens in the south has begun with a ceiling which there is no ceiling basically and it has blocked the way to opportunities for dialogue and discussion of mistakes committed here and there. He indicated that the President of the republic in his speech on 22 May had said that mistakes had happened and it is inevitable to correct them. That indication was not picked up by the so-called the Movement they went further and cut the way to any dialogue or discussion on who would sit for dialogue, whether from the state or any citizen.

Al-Eryany wondered if there is any person sincere to his homeland ready to sit with a person saying he wants secession. He said further that continuation in that is not in their favour or in favour of Yemen, "Yemen is not going to be as we know it if they continue and the south will not be as we used to know it or the north as we know it to be. What happens in the south at present is not less dangerous than what happened in 1994 but maybe more dangerous than the war of 1994."

Al-Eryany said ," there are some who say let them destroy and kill this is a peaceful movement but I say such talk would not be deceiving anybody , the reasonable have to open doors not for submission but doors for correcting any mistake that might have occurred here or there."

On the relation between the ruling party and the opposition , which he described as unpleasing scene , such as the events in Saada and the movement in the south , as the Joint Meeting Parties JMP adopts excuses for different issues , al-Eryany said, " I told them one day if you want not to begin the dialogue but after we have finished the problem of Saada and the movement in the south as well as the economic and political problems , I assure you I would be dead before we begin the dialogue."
Al-Eryany considered that connecting the dialogue with existing undeniable vital issues is an unacceptable matter especially after the signing on February 2009 agreement and the extension of the parliament tenure fore two years . That has opened hopes for achieving security, stability, reconciliation and reaching solutions satisfactory for all. After signing the agreement the opposition got a role object of appreciation and admiration even on part of the international community. But al-Eryany said the situation was no longer as that; a situation has no relation to the agreement signed by the two parties; the authority and the opposition.

Dr al-Eryany affirmed there are issues that must be tackled and they should not be connected to an event in Saada or a demonstration in Lahj or a problem in Zanjibar. he said, " In fact I don't find this as an evidence of seriousness and I previously mentioned to the brothers in the opposition and we always remind them of that , that the elections of 2011 have definite timetables that must not exceeded; the amendments have to be presented to the parliament and the parliament has to wait for 60 days during which it can begin sounding out opinions of the people about them then to begin discussing them and while in the process of discussion the parliament can listen to opinions of political parties that have no representation in the parliament in addition to opinions of civil society organizations interested in the political and legal matters. "

He said, "If the procrastination by the opposition continues in thee way we see it at present, the constitutional bodies have executive and legislative duties they must implement and they cannot miss for one moment general elections which some see that they can impede once again, they are very mistaken." He added there is no objection in going in parallel lines in the dialogue; the first for carrying out the February agreement and the second for discussing the existing problems, or future problems. But they should not tell us we have stopped the dialogue until you finish and implement what we have demanded , this is not dialogue but rather orders that we cannot accept and would not be accepted but by a stupid one."

"The opposition parties suspended the dialogue and we are preparing thee reply to them and we call on them to return to the dialogue and on our side we have not closed and would not close the door of the dialogue until the 27 of April 2011, (the date of the upcoming legislative elections" but to continue in dialogue until missing the elections of 27 April, it must be clear for all that this is not possible, " Dr al-Eryany added.

On the calls for federal system within the unity, al-Eryany said," I say it begins with federation and ends up with secession therefore I am against the federation and I am with the local rule but federation is something else. There would be almost two constitutions and two armies, thus the matter begins with federation and ends with secession and those who call for federation should not expect we are fools, at least I I."

More from "Reports"

Other titles:
Tuesday, 03-May-2016
The United Nations envoy for Yemen announced that the Riyadh's delegation had suspended its participation in the talks being held in Kuwait.

In a statement issued on Sunday, Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed said the atmosphere of the peace talks during the past few days was "positive".

"We urge all the parties to engage in good faith and demonstrate wisdom in their participation in the talks, Yemenis are counting on them," he said.

He said all difficult issues should be discussed at the negotiating table in a transparent manner, "in order to reach a comprehensive agreement which will put an end to this kind of incidents."

Ahmed said the UN is in constant contact with the De-escalation and Coordination Committee (DCC), and through it with the local committees, to investigate and halt all breaches of the cessation of hostilities.

The envoy said he had communicated extensively with the Riyadh's delegation and met with the leaders of Ansarallah and the General People Congress (GPC) delegation, after which he had received assurances from the parties regarding their commitment to resolve the outstanding issues without convening joint sessions.
Monday, 02-May-2016
The Saudi aggression and its hirelings continued the ceasefire violations during the past few hours in a number of the provinces, a military official said on Monday.

The aggression’s mercenaries pounded with artillery the locations of the army and popular committees in Thubab city and tried to advance toward the Central Security camp in Taiz province, the official explained.

He said that a woman was shot dead by the mercenaries’ snipers in al-Duminah
Monday, 02-May-2016

The National delegation headed by Mohammed AbdulSalam and Aref al-Zoka met here on Monday with Kuwait's Deputy Foreign Minister Khaled al-Jarallah.

In the meeting, al-Jarallah renewed his country's keenness to ensure the success of the talks and provide all facilities and overcome all difficulties that could face the talks.

He underlined the importance of succeeding the talks in order to end the suffering of the Yemeni people by stopping war, achieving peace and maintaining security, stability and unity of the country.

The members of the national delegation pointed out that the success of the peace talks would be a success of Yemen and Yemenis, stressing that the delegation would not leave Kuwait but a solution that leads to peace.

They reviewed the national delegation's vision of the general framework of the political and security solution which confirms their intention to end the Yemenis' suffering, stop the war and achieve peace and stability the country.
Sunday, 01-May-2016

The Saudi aggression and its mercenaries on Sunday continued, for the 21st day in a row, to breach the ceasefire in several provinces of the country.

A military official said that a citizen was killed in the shelling of the aggression’s hirelings on the 40th neighborhood in Taiz city in an attempt to advance towards Kalaba area.

Warships of the Saudi aggression spread off the western coast of Taiz province, the official said.

The aggression’s mercenaries pounded with shells the sites of the army and popular committees in Karish area in Lahj provinces, and a tank belonging to the mercenaries was damaged, he added.
Sunday, 01-May-2016
The Riyadh hirelings have carried out thousands of breaches of the ceasefire brokered by the UN in Yemen in the 19 past days.

In specific figures, the Riyadh hirelings' violations reached 4,000 since the ceasefire came into force on April 11, at a rate of 210 violations per day.
Saturday, 30-April-2016
The Saudi aggression’s warplanes and warships continued to breach the ceasefire on Saturday in the provinces of Hodeidah, Taiz and Mareb, a military official said.

The official explained that the battleships of the Saudi aggression opened fire on the coastal city of Mocha in Taiz, while the surveillance planes continued flying in the sky of Thubab district and the western coast of Taiz.
Thursday, 28-April-2016
The National delegation met on Thursday in Kuwait with eighteen ambassadors to Yemen.

During the meeting, the delegation members reviewed with the ambassadors the economic conditions in the country because of the aggression and the restrictions imposed on the Yemeni people, particularly obstructing ships movements, trade, transactions of the Central Bank of Yemen.

They stressed the need for a actual ceasefire and all military operations, affirming that Yemen needs an urgent political solution, taking into consideration the economic and security situations.

The national delegation stressed that after the 18 month-long aggression against Yemen, the other party cannot be recognized as legitimate regarding arms handover and the rest of procedural steps.

It is not difficult to form a consensual transitional government and it is possible to be agreed upon in principle, they said.
Wednesday, 27-April-2016
The UN Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator for Yemen, Jamie McGoldrick, has concluded his evaluative visit to the province of Sa’ada.

The UN official urged all warring parties to maintain their commitment to the cessation of hostilities and allowing unconditional access to humanitarian organizations.

McGoldrick also requested from the international community to increase the level of support provided to Yemen.

"It is not possible to stop the suffering in Yemen only through finding a political solution", he said, hoping to continue the cessation of hostilities to allow expanding the humanitarian activities and paving the way for peace.

McGoldrick met, during his visit, with Sa'ada Governor, the Executive Council of the province and local authorities in Al-Qutaber to discuss the need for increasing support in the areas of quartering, health and education.

He urged to maintain the health and educational facilities protected as neutral facilities during armed conflicts.
Tuesday, 26-April-2016
Emir of Kuwait Sabah al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah received on Tuesday the national delegation headed by Mohamed Abdul-Salam and Aref al-Zoka.

In the meeting, al-Sabah confirmed his country's keenness on bringing peace in Yemen and reaching a peaceful solution, hoping that the peace talks in Kuwait will reach a comprehensive solution for the country.

The Emir of Kuwait stressed his keenness on stopping hostilities in Yemen, pointing that the efforts made by Kuwait aimed to succeed the talks.

For his part, Mohammed Abdulsalam affirmed the importance of the Kuwaiti role in bringing peace in Yemen, conforming the position of the national forces to find a just solution in Yemen.
Monday, 25-April-2016

The UN envoy to Yemen confirmed on Monday that the consensus of the participants in Yemeni peace talks held in Kuwait on bringing peace makes reaching a solution possible.

"There is no doubt that there are significant differences in views, but the consensus of the participants to bring peace makes it possible to reach a solution,” the UN envoy Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed said in a statement issued after the talks session Monday.

“There are only two options; either to continue the war or to consult and make concessions in order to achieve peace and all parties should assume responsibility for their decisions,” the UN envoy added.

who we are     |    Advertising     |    contact us
All rights reserved © Almotamar Net, Developed by