Monday, 20-November-2017 23:44
 
no comments in "Reports"
Reports
Almotamar Net - Yemen has said that the al-Houthi rebel group had committed terrible crimes against innocent citizens in the northwestern province of Saada, where fierce fighting is being broken out between the rebels and the government forces.

Thursday, 13-August-2009
Almotamar.net, Saba - Yemen has said that the al-Houthi rebel group had committed terrible crimes against innocent citizens in the northwestern province of Saada, where fierce fighting is being broken out between the rebels and the government forces.

The government accused the rebel group of killing and torturing hundreds of citizens and kidnapping tens others as well as attacking the homes of citizens, schools, mosques and projects in the province, some 230 kilometres north-west of the capital Sana'a.

The military-run 26September weekly reported on Thursday some horrific crimes committed by the elements of the insurgency and terrorism in Saada, including the murder of people in many of the province's districts and the destruction, bombing and arson of more than 102 homes.

For the kidnappings, the subversive elements have kidnapped more than 182 citizens who being abused and tortured. In a case, three terrorist rebels have abducted and raped a girl in Haydan district of Saada.

The report also pointed to that those elements had taken over many schools in some districts of the province, ravaging documents, records and books of school pupils and abducting teachers and a number of students.

The rebels also targeted and destructed service projects in several areas of Saada, including water projects, farms and locomotives as well as foraging cars of engineers in charge of the inventory of the damages caused by five waves of the fighting.

In addition, they blew up explosive devices and mines which claimed the lives of many people and set up illegally more than 23 checkpoints, forcing many citizens to leave their homes.

In order to expand the area of their terrorist acts, the al-Houthi rebels killed in July seven people and wounded seven others in al-Zaheer district of the neighboring province of Jawf in addition to taking over 30 mosques in the districts of al-Zaheer, Marashy, al-Anan, al-Matoun and al-Matma of Jawf province.

The government has outlined stringent terms for ending the new wave of its offensive against the rebels in Saada. The government has ordered the rebels to evacuate all occupied government offices, hand in weapons and ammunition, and free captured soldiers and citizens.

It also demanded information as to the whereabouts of a German family of five and a British engineer kidnapped in June in Saada.

The government was provoked into sending more troops to the north after the rebels blocked traffic along the strategic highway linking Sana’a to the Saudi border, a crucial lifeline for the Yemeni economy.

The government has been engaged in an on-off war with rebels for the best part of five years. The new offensive is significant escalation in the government’s war against the rebels, with the state’s iron-fist approach.

The al-Houthi group has killed more than 330 people, including 28 women and 10 children, and injured about 200 other last year in Saada. The al-Houthi followers' crimes have been bloodily raised in the province.

Since the fighting erupted in 2004, thousands of people, soldiers and insurgents have been killed in Saada, which lies close to border with Saudi Arabia, after the rebel group was founded by rebel leader Hussein al-Houthi.

Hussein, the eldest brother of the current group leader Abdul-Malik, was killed by the army in September 2004.

The Yemeni government accuses the al-Houthi group of trying to reinstall the rule of imams, which was toppled by a republican revolution in northern Yemen in 1962.

North Yemen gained its independent from the Ottoman Empire in 1918 and in 1967; the British withdrew from what would become South Yemen.

In 1990, the two countries formally unified as the Republic of Yemen.



More from "Reports"

Other titles:
Tuesday, 17-October-2017
The United Arab Emirates acknowledged on Tuesday that two of its pilots were killed when their military aggression plane crashed over Jawf province, a military official said

The official added that the aggressive crashed plane was an apache that was
Tuesday, 17-October-2017
Three citizens were killed and four others wounded in two Saudi air strikes hit Majza district of Saada province, an official said on Tuesday.

The strikes hit a citizen's car in al-Jamalah area in the district, the official added.
Tuesday, 17-October-2017
Artillery of the army and popular shelled a gathering of Saudi-paid mercenaries in al-Moqadra area in Serwah district of Marib province, a military official said on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, dozens of Saudi-paid mercenaries were killed and others injured in Wadi al-Theek in the district, the official added.
Monday, 16-October-2017
The army and popular forces carried out on Monday unique military operations in Taiz province.

A military official said that a number of Saudi-paid mercenaries were killed at the hands of the army and popular forces in al-Jazami Hill in al-Kadaha area in al-Ma'afer district.
Monday, 16-October-2017
A Saudi aggression fighter jet targeted a citizen's car driving in Fara area of Kutaf district in Saada province overnight, killing the driver and injuring his friend, a security official said on Monday.
Monday, 16-October-2017
The army artillery and popular committees launched a fierce attack on Saudi-paid mercenaries' sites in Jawf province, a military official said on Monday.

The attack destroyed a military vehicle belonging to the mercenaries and killed all on board in Sabran area in khab and shaaf district.
Sunday, 15-October-2017
Scores of Saudi enemy soldiers were killed and injured on Sunday when the army and popular forces repelled a Saudi military attempt to sneak into Shurfah site in the border province of Najran, a military official said.

The operation was accomplished successfully against the Saudi
Sunday, 15-October-2017
The army and popular committees have killed a total of 18 Saudi-paid mercenaries in sniper operations over the past hours in the central province of Marib, a military official said on Sunday.

Ten mercenaries were killed in Nehm district and eight others were killed in Serwah district, said the official.
Saturday, 14-October-2017
Saudi aggression warplanes have launched more than 49 airstrikes over the past hours on several residential areas across Yemen, a security official said on Sunday.
The airstrikes targeted the areas of Malahiz and Husama in Dhahir district, and areas Thuban, Masahif and Sdad in Bakim district of northern Saada province.
Thursday, 12-October-2017
The army and popular forces carried out an operation attack on Saudi-paid mercenaries' sites in al-Hawal area in Nehm district.

A local official said that the operation attack resulted in killing and injuring mercenaries, adding they also incurred heavy losses at their ranks

who we are     |    Advertising     |    contact us
All rights reserved © Almotamar Net, Developed by