Almotamar.net, Saba - The National Defense Council (NDC) reaffirmed on Saturday that Yemen would continue to combat terrorism and chasing al-Qaeda elements to foil their plans which target the security and stability in the country.
In its meeting, chaired by President Ali Abdullah Saleh, the council addressed a number of issues and developments at the national arena.
The council took a number of important decisions weather towards the al-Qaeda activities or the current confrontations against the insurgents in Saada province or the outlaw elements in some southern districts and their supporters inside and outside the country.
The meeting dealt with the recent successful security operation carried out by the security forces against al-Qaeda elements in Arahab district north of the capital Sana'a and in the southern province of Abyan.
The preventive operation represented a serious hit for the terrorist elements, which planned to carry out terrorist acts and suicides attacks targeting the homeland security and interests, the council indicated.
The NDC affirmed importance of gathering efforts and cooperation to face terror which threatens the security and safety of all in the country, the region and the world.
During the meeting, the council reviewed a report on the ongoing battles in Saada province and Harf Sufian district against the insurgents.
The council also got acquainted with the underway preparations for holding the national dialog on December 26th, for which President Saleh called last week, under the dome of the Shura Council with participation of all political forces and civil society organizations.
A Saudi aggression fighter jet targeted a citizen's car driving in Fara area of Kutaf district in Saada province overnight, killing the driver and injuring his friend, a security official said on Monday.
Scores of Saudi enemy soldiers were killed and injured on Sunday when the army and popular forces repelled a Saudi military attempt to sneak into Shurfah site in the border province of Najran, a military official said.
The operation was accomplished successfully against the Saudi
Saudi aggression warplanes have launched more than 49 airstrikes over the past hours on several residential areas across Yemen, a security official said on Sunday.
The airstrikes targeted the areas of Malahiz and Husama in Dhahir district, and areas Thuban, Masahif and Sdad in Bakim district of northern Saada province.