Almotamar.net - The value of tourism resulting from spending by tourists visiting Yemen from different parts of the world during the year 2009, in addition to one-day visitors raised to $903 million, achieving by that an increase by 6% compared to 2008.
Depending on recent official Yemeni statistics the volume of tourism coming to Yemen in the last year amounted to 1.028.127 tourists, the Yemenis living abroad formed 57% of the number of tourists of the last year.
General indicators of the tourist movement in Yemen in 2009 revealed an increase in the volume of tourists by 7%, compared to 2008 and a slight drop in the number of visits of the Yemenis living abroad amounted to 4%.
According to the Tourist Statistic book, Almotamar.net got a copy of it; tourists to Yemen from the Middle East amounted to 296.906, forming 68% of the total number of foreign tourists.
The number of tourists from Asia amounted to 50.171 tourists, forming 12% of the total number of tourists to Yemen, recording an increase by 31% compared to 208.
According to the book on tourist statistics 43.493 European tourists visited Yemen registering 10% of the total number of tourists in 2009 with an increase by 23% compared to 208.
The number of African tourists visited Yemen in 2009 amounted to 16.418 tourists, i.e. by 4% of the total number of tourists last year, with an increase of 52% compared to 2008.
Tourists visited Yemen from the two Americas in 2009 mounted to 25.493 tourists, with an increase by 41% compared to 2008. Visitors for tourism in Yemen from the United States of America came in the first place in number registering 77% of the total number of tourists from this region.
The Saudi aggression war jets continued on Saturday afternoon their criminal bombing on the capital Sana'a.
The hostile warplanes launched three violent raids on al-Nahdain area in al-Sabeen district for the fourth time within 24 hours after bombing the same area three times at dawn today, a local official said .
The number of the displaced families from inside and outside Mareb province amounted to 7,700 families due to the Saudi aggression on Yemen.
The internally displaced families in the districts of the province reached 6,200 families distributed on the districts of Majzar, Madghal, Raghwan, Serwah, Mareb city, al-Wadi, Harib al-Qramish, Harib Bihan, Bidbeda and al-Joba, the coordinator of the relief and humanitarian organization in the province Abdulkhaleq al-Sharif explained .
He pointed out that the number of the families displaced from Mareb to the capial Sana’a amounted to about 1,500 families distributed on several areas, including al-Hatarish, Bani al-Harish district, Daress, Mathbah, Aser, Shumilah, al-Sabeen and the 50th Street.
Three citizens were killed and other wounded in Saudi airstrikes targeted their house in Bir Basha area in Taiz province, a local official said on Monday.
These airstrikes coincided with other raids launched by the aggression warplanes and targeted Mokha Port and the quarantine premises, causing destruction in the port and the quarantine, the official explained.
The Russian Foreign Ministry has described the Saudi-led coalition massacres in Yemen as horrific, calling for an immediate ceasefire and engaging in negations without preconditions.
The Russian Foreign Ministry’s spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told a news conference in Moscow that despite the positive signals made by the negotiations between the Yemeni opposing parties in Geneva last December, but the armed confrontation in this country are still continuing, especially after the Saudi-led coalition announced the end of the truce and resumed the military operations.
" In recent days the media circulated horrible news about the Saudi-led coalition bombing on a MSF-supported hospital in Sa’ada, which resulted in deaths and injuries," she added.
The army and popular committees managed on Tuesday to secure three sites in Taiz province, a local official said.
The army and popular committees carried out a military operation before Tuesday dawn ended up with regaining control over three sites in Addar junction between Nagd Qusaim and al-Misrakh in Taiz, the official added.
At least four people were killed on Sunday when a missile hit a hospital supported by Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) in Sa'ada province.
One projectile struck the Shiara Hospital in Razeh district at 9:20 a.m., according to MSF staff members on the ground. The MSF staff has been working in the hospital since November 2015.
"The hospital was hit by a projectile this morning, killing four people, wounding 10," In a statement issued by Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF),
Three of the injured are MSF staff members, two of whom are in critical condition, the medical humanitarian organization said. In addition, several buildings of the medical facility were collapsed.
"The number of casualties could rise as there could still be people trapped in the rubble." The organization said the staff has evacuated and patients are being transferred to Al Goumoury hospital in Sa'ada, which is also supported by MSF.
MSF cannot confirm the origin of the attack, but planes were seen flying over the facility at the time. At least one more projectile fell near the hospital.