Almotamar.net - Riyadh-Well-informed sources have on Monday affirmed that the meeting of the opposition Joint Meeting parties (JMP) leaders with the Foreign Ministers of the Gulf Cooperation Council states (GCC), held in Riyadh Sunday evening has failed because on intransigence of the JMP leaders and insistence on sticking to the Qatari initiative which had been announced by the Qatari Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Hamad bin Jassim bin Jabr Al Thani on 3 April 2011 and their refusal of the GCC initiative announced by the GCC Foreign Ministers on 1o April 2011.
The sources added that the GCC Foreign Ministers would hold a second round of meeting with the Yemeni government side to discuss the GCC initiative which the Presidency Office had renewed welcome of the Yemen Republic of efforts and endeavors of the brothers in the GCC states for contributing to solve the current crisis in Yemen.
In a statement on 11 of this month Yemen affirmed that it would cooperate positively with statement of the GCC states Foreign Ministers as a foundation for dialogue and in the way keeping Yemen away from mischief of chaos, sabotage and destabilization of security and public and social peace.
The Middle East newspaper has mentioned in its issue for Monday that meeting of the GCC states Foreign Ministers with delegation of the Yemeni opposition ended without reaching clear results. A statement issued at the conclusion of the meeting mentioned that a round of dialogue would be held between the GCC states and the Yemeni government in the framework of the principles included in the GCC initiative and what has been reached in the meeting with the JMP delegation.
A Saudi aggression fighter jet targeted a citizen's car driving in Fara area of Kutaf district in Saada province overnight, killing the driver and injuring his friend, a security official said on Monday.
Scores of Saudi enemy soldiers were killed and injured on Sunday when the army and popular forces repelled a Saudi military attempt to sneak into Shurfah site in the border province of Najran, a military official said.
The operation was accomplished successfully against the Saudi
Saudi aggression warplanes have launched more than 49 airstrikes over the past hours on several residential areas across Yemen, a security official said on Sunday.
The airstrikes targeted the areas of Malahiz and Husama in Dhahir district, and areas Thuban, Masahif and Sdad in Bakim district of northern Saada province.