Almotamar.net, Saba - Sana'a- President Ali Abdullah Saleh chaired Sunday a joint meeting of the security and military leaders.
In the presence of Vice President Abdo Rabbo Mansour Hadi, the meeting reviewed the progress of the combat and operational training plans and programs for 2011 in the different armed and security units and the evaluation of the performance and implementation for the last period.
The outcomes of the last meeting's decisions held last week were touched on in the meeting, which listened to a report of Defense Ministry on the armed forces' conditions and requirements and a report of Interior Ministry on the security situation in the capital Sana'a and other governorates in the light of the current national developments and the aggressions committed by affiliates of the Joint Meeting Parties (JMP) and insurgents.
The meeting also dealt with another reports on the country's economic situation that is escalating every day owing to the outlaws' acts, including blocking roads and attacking on the oil, gas and electricity facilities.
Moreover, the political developments in the country were reviewed in the meeting and the exerted efforts to put an end to the ongoing political crisis in the country based on the Gulf's initiative.
The meeting made several decisions and recommendations to the competent bodies to adopt the necessary measures to alleviate the citizens' suffering and provide their requisite needs.
Hundreds of thousands of Yemenis descended Thursday (Aug 24) on Sanaa in a major show to celebrate of the 35th anniversary of the General People's Congress (GPC) founding anniversary.
The rally marking 35 years since the founding the General People's Congress (GPC).
The streets of the capital, waving the blue flag of the GPC and carrying pictures of Saleh the leader of GPC.
At least 71 citizens were killed and wounded by warplanes from the Saudi-led aggression coalition on Sanaa province early on Wednesday morning, a security official said.
The air strikes hit a hotel in Bait al-Edhari area in Arhab district,
Saudi aggression warplanes launched seven air strikes on Saada province overnight, an official said on Wednesday.
The targeted places were the regular road in Al-Sheikh area of Monabah district, Alhbrah area of Razeh district, the directorate of Al-Taher and Shada directorate.
The strikes severely damaged civilian properties, said the official.
Armed forces' spokesman Brigadier General, Sharaf Luqman said the army and popular forces have provided the greatest sacrifices to defend the homeland against Saudi-led aggression forces, stressing on maintaining the internal unity.
In a press statement on Monday, Luqman said that the historical steadfastness and the cohesion of the Yemeni people represent the first defense line against the aggression states.