Almotamar.net - President Abdu Rabbu Mansour Hadi gave on Wednesday his orders to the government to implement a number of procedures for handling financial difficulties and problems that Yemeni citizens are suffering from and affecting the country's stability and security as part of financial and administrative reform.
Hadi's orders read as follows;
- Stopping buying cars for all staff of supreme authority "Vice Minister and up'' and using viable alternatives and getting back all cars giving to the state's staff, who ended their services whether by transforming or retirement.
- Stopping all foreign participations, which its costs burdening by the state's budget, loans or assistance, the travel of officials, including ministers, should be limited to four visits in a year and not more than five days at maximum in each visit.
- All officials should use Y class in their travel and they are banning from using other classes in their official visits.
- Banning buying furniture and sopping renting governmental offices except in urgent cases and with the approval of the Minister of Finance, looking into viable alternatives such as the governmental buildings of endowment's buildings.
- All kinds of new employment in all state institutions and mixed sector should be prevented.
- Means of collecting taxes should be reviewed at various levels and handling tax accruals until the last tax year.
- Forming a military unit from private forces to combat customs and tax evasion under the supervision of ministers of defense and finance and the head of national security.
- Amending the value of customs and amending the customs resources with canceling all customs outlets outside in the framework of the Customs Act and its amendments.
- Correcting the situation of economic units owned by the state and mixed sector in order to remove and reduce the deficit in the budget based on economic, financial and administrative measures.
- Stopping all allowances of scholarships, who passed the legal period of their scholarship.
- Reviewing all costs of oil extraction and trying to reach the line of international prices.
Concerning the issues of power and its costs Hadi gave his order to be adhered to the following;
- General Institution of Electricity should be committed to not setting up any power stations that using diesel substance as a key fuel.
- The General Institution of Electricity should take into consideration the contracts of purchased energy and work on unifying princes in accordance with a low price can be obtained.
- Setting up an executive program to end contracts of purchased energy at minimum time not exceeding the year of 2015.
- The Ministry of Electricity should work in collaboration with the Ministries of International Cooperation and Finance to find viable alternatives to power sector, including expending of using gas and carbon substances.
- Directing to exempt all input of new and renewable energy from customs duties in order to find cheaper and cleaner alternatives of energy.
- Accelerating the installation and running of Marib Station (2) with forming a ministerial committee headed by Deputy Prime Minster, Minister of Electricity tasked with following the completion of processing plant Marib (2) in order to be run in January 2015.
A Saudi aggression fighter jet targeted a citizen's car driving in Fara area of Kutaf district in Saada province overnight, killing the driver and injuring his friend, a security official said on Monday.
Scores of Saudi enemy soldiers were killed and injured on Sunday when the army and popular forces repelled a Saudi military attempt to sneak into Shurfah site in the border province of Najran, a military official said.
The operation was accomplished successfully against the Saudi
Saudi aggression warplanes have launched more than 49 airstrikes over the past hours on several residential areas across Yemen, a security official said on Sunday.
The airstrikes targeted the areas of Malahiz and Husama in Dhahir district, and areas Thuban, Masahif and Sdad in Bakim district of northern Saada province.