(AP)- - SAN'A, Yemen: Yemeni authorities said Saturday that a shipment of explosives seized earlier this week in Indonesia was legal and had been heading to a private oil company drilling in Yemen.
Indonesian troops on Wednesday found detonators and 63 tons of explosive powder on a Chinese ship after it broke down in the Malacca Strait. Indonesian police said that they were investigating the cache, and stated the shipment appeared to by heading to Yemen.
Yemen confirmed this, and said the cargo was being shipped to an oil firm it identified as Z.B.E.B, which it said was drilling in a province south of the capital.
"All explosives brought into the country for these purposes are under the control of security forces," an unidentified Foreign Ministry official was quoted as saying by the official Yemeni news agency, Saba. He said the explosives were necessary for excavation works.
A Saudi aggression fighter jet targeted a citizen's car driving in Fara area of Kutaf district in Saada province overnight, killing the driver and injuring his friend, a security official said on Monday.
Scores of Saudi enemy soldiers were killed and injured on Sunday when the army and popular forces repelled a Saudi military attempt to sneak into Shurfah site in the border province of Najran, a military official said.
The operation was accomplished successfully against the Saudi
Saudi aggression warplanes have launched more than 49 airstrikes over the past hours on several residential areas across Yemen, a security official said on Sunday.
The airstrikes targeted the areas of Malahiz and Husama in Dhahir district, and areas Thuban, Masahif and Sdad in Bakim district of northern Saada province.